- General information
- Graduate of full-time studies
- Illegal residence - stay with family
- Education/vocational training
- Other circumstances
- Spouse of a Polish citizen / child of a Polish citizen's spouse
- Temporary residence permit - work
- Family reunification
- Business activity
- Highly qualified employment
- Spiritual service
- Permanent residence permit
- Residence permit for a long-term resident of the EU
- Pole's card
- Issuance and replacement of a residence card
- Extension of visas and visa-free travel
Extension of a national visa
Extension of the validity period for an issued national visa or of the period of stay covered by this visa may occur if the following conditions are met jointly:
1) it is justified by an important professional or personal business of the foreigner, or they cannot to leave this territory for humanitarian reasons before the expiry date of a national visa or before the end of the permitted period of stay covered by this national visa;
2) events that are the cause of applying for extension of a national visa, occurred regardless of the will of the foreigner and have not been predictable as of the day of submission of the application for a national visa;
3) the circumstances of the case do not indicate that purpose of stay of the foreigner on the territory of the Republic of Poland will be other than declared;
4) there are no circumstances due to which a national visa shall be refused.
Procedure for submitting application:
A foreigner who intends to extend the period of their residence on the basis of a national visa shall submit to a filled application form for the extension of a visa and additional documents below listed to the voivode with jurisdiction over the foreigner’s place of residence, no later than on the day of expiration of the period of legal residence on the territory of the Republic of Poland. If the foreigner has applied for an extension of the national visa after the aforementioned deadline, the proceedings for extending the visa shall be refused.
Place of application:
Branch for Work Permits and Registration of Invitations and EU Citizens in the Department of Civil Affairs and Foreigners receiving applications – Building B, 3 floor, room 33 ul. Konarskiego 1-3, 85-066 Bydgoszcz.
Fees: stamp duty PLN 406 – bank account no
Urząd Miasta Bydgoszczy Wydział Podatków i Opłat Lokalnych 52 1240 6960 3892 1000 0000 0000
1. Application form for extension of national visa completed in accordance with provided information;
2. an undamaged, colourful, 35 x 45 mm photograph, taken over the last 6 months on a uniform bright background, having good sharpness and showing clearly the eyes and face from the top of the head to the upper part of the shoulders, so that the face occupies 70-80 % of the photographs. the photograph is intended to depict a person without a headgear and dark-lensed glasses, looking directly ahead with eyes open, hair removed from face, a natural expression on a face and a closed mouth;
3. Photocopy of a valid travel document (original available for inspection).Note: Lack of any of the aforementioned documents shall result in the foreigner being requested to complete it within a period not shorter than 7 days from the delivery of the request under pain of leaving the application unprocessed. Note: Attaching documents listed below to the application at its submission may reduce the quantity of official correspondence and shorten the time of application processing.
1. Documents confirming circumstances related to the reasons for visa extension provided in the application;
2. Documents confirming the purpose and conditions of the planned stay,
3. Documents confirming having sufficient means of subsistence for covering the maintenance costs throughout the whole period of the planned stay on the territory of the Republic of Poland and the return trip to the country of their origin or residence or for transit to a third country which shall give the foreigner the entry permit, or the possibility of obtaining such means in accordance with the law;
4. Documents confirming having health insurance as defined by the Act of 27 August 2004 on health care services financed from the public funds or a traveller medical insurance (this requirement may be considered fulfilled in the event when the foreigner has the required insurance in connection with their professional situation);
5. Documents confirming credibility of the foreigner’s declaration of the intention of leaving the territory of the Republic of Poland before the expiry date of the extended visa.
The information contained in this card does not constitute a source of law. They are only general and instructional in nature.
„Wzmocnienie zdolności administracyjnych Wojewody Kujawsko-Pomorskiego w procesie integracji obywateli państw trzecich – etap II”
Projekt współfinansowany z Programu Krajowego Funduszu Azylu, Migracji i Integracji.