- General information
- Graduate of full-time studies
- Illegal residence - stay with family
- Education/vocational training
- Other circumstances
- Spouse of a Polish citizen / child of a Polish citizen's spouse
- Temporary residence permit - work
- Family reunification
- Business activity
- Highly qualified employment
- Spiritual service
- Permanent residence permit
- Residence permit for a long-term resident of the EU
- Pole's card
- Issuance and replacement of a residence card
- Extension of visas and visa-free travel
Extension of a Schengen visa
The validity period of a Schengen visa of the foreigner residing on the territory of the Republic of Poland issued by the Polish authority or the authority of another Schengen state, valid also on the territory of Poland, can be extended as well as the length of stay covered by this visa, if they demonstrated that as a result of force majeure or for humanitarian reasons it is not possible for them to leave the territory of member states before the expiry date of the visa or before the end of the permitted period of stay covered by the visa;
The validity period of a Schengen visa of the foreigner residing on the territory of the Republic of Poland issued by the Polish authority or the authority of another Schengen state, valid also on the territory of Poland, can be extended as well as the length of stay covered by this visa, if they present a proof of existence of important personal reasons justifying extension of the validity period or the period of stay.Note: The period of residence on the territory of the Republic of Poland on the basis of the extended visa should not exceed the maximum stay period provided for a particular type of visa i.e. 90 within a 180-days period in the case of a Schengen visa (including the period of residence on the basis of a visa which is subject to extension). In other cases, the foreigner should consider submitting application for a temporary residence permit, owing to the circumstances requiring the short-term residence.
1. Act of 12 December 2013 on foreigners along with executive acts.
2. article 33 of Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EC) No. 810/2009 of 13 July 2009 establishing a Community Code on Visas (Journal of Laws of the EU of 2009 L243/1)
Procedure for submitting application:
A foreigner who intends to extend the period of their residence on the basis of a national visa shall submit to a filled application form for the extension of a visa and additional documents below listed to the voivode with jurisdiction over the foreigner’s place of residence, no later than on the day of expiration of the period of legal residence on the territory of the Republic of Poland. If a foreigner has applied for an extension of a Schengen or national visa after the deadline referred to in 85 paragraph 1, the procedure for extending this visa shall be refused.
Place of application:
Branch for Work Permits and Registration of Invitations and EU Citizens in the Department of Civil Affairs and Foreigners
receiving applications – Building B, 3 floor, room 33 ul. Konarskiego 1-3, 85-066 Bydgoszcz.
Extension of a visa due to force majeure or for humanitarian reasons is free of charge extension of a visa for important personal reasons is subject to a stamp duty in the amount of the equivalent of 30 Euro. the conversion of the euro equivalent to zloty shall be made at the reference rate of the euro announced by the European Central Bank on the last working day preceding the date of application for the extension of the visa.
Payment should be made to the bank account number:
Urząd Miasta Bydgoszczy Wydział Podatków i Opłat Lokalnych 52 1240 6960 3892 1000 0000 0000
1. Application form for extension of a Schengen visa completed in accordance with provided information
2. current photograph – intact, colour, 35 x 45 mm in size, taken over the last 6 months on a uniform bright uniform background, with good sharpness and showing clearly the eyes and face from the top of the head to the upper part of the shoulders, so that the face occupies 70-80 % of the photograph; the photograph is intended to depict a person without a headgear and dark-lensed glasses, looking directly ahead with eyes open, hair removed from face, a natural expression on a face and a closed mouth;
Note: A foreigner wearing a headgear according to the rules of his religion may attach to the application a photograph showing him in a headgear, provided that the facial image is. In such a case the application shall be accompanied by a statement of the foreigner’s affiliation to the religious community.
3. Photocopy of a valid travel document (original available for inspection).Note: Lack of any of the aforementioned documents shall result in the foreigner being requested to complete it within a period not shorter than 7 days from the delivery of the request under pain of leaving the application unprocessed.
Typical documents proving the circumstances indicated in the application:
Note: Attaching documents listed below to the application at its submission may reduce the quantity of official correspondence and shorten the time of application processing.
1. Documents confirming circumstances related to the reasons for visa extension provided in the application;
2. documents confirming the purpose and conditions of the planned stay,
3. documents confirming having sufficient means of subsistence for covering the maintenance costs throughout the whole period of the planned stay on the territory of the Republic of Poland and the return trip to the country of their origin or residence or for transit to a third country which shall give the foreigner the entry permit, or the possibility of obtaining such means in accordance with the law;
4. Documents confirming having traveller medical insurance with a minimum insurance amount of 30. 000 euro, valid for the period of the foreigner’s planned stay in the territory of the Republic of Poland, covering all expenses which may arise during the stay in that territory in connection with the need to travel back for medical reasons, the need for urgent medical assistance, sudden hospital treatment or death, in which the insurer undertakes to cover the costs of medical services provided to the insured directly to the entity providing such services, on the basis of an account issued by that entity, this requirement may be considered to be fulfilled if the foreigner has adequate insurance in connection with their professional situation);
5. documents confirming credibility of the foreigner’s declaration of the intention of leaving the territory of the Republic of Poland before the expiry date of the extended visa.
„Wzmocnienie zdolności administracyjnych Wojewody Kujawsko-Pomorskiego w procesie integracji obywateli państw trzecich – etap II”
Projekt współfinansowany z Programu Krajowego Funduszu Azylu, Migracji i Integracji.