Granting Polish citizenship
Who can submit an application
The application may be submitted by foreigners who want to apply for acquiring Polish citizenship by way of granting by the President of the Republic of Poland.
Where can i submit the application?
Branch of Civil Affairs and Passports in the Department of Civil Affairs and Foreigners, Building C, II floor room no 202
Konarskiego 1-3, 85-066 Bydgoszcz
phone 52 34 97 231
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 8.00-13; Tuesday: 8.00-14.00
Deadline for the caseThe provisions of the Code of Administrative Procedure do not apply in cases of granting Polish citizenship. Therefore, there is no fixed time limit for the matter to be dealt with.
Appeal procedureIt is not subject to appeal procedure.
What documents must be submitted?
- application to the President of the Republic of Poland, completed legibly in the Polish language and on the official form.
- biometric photograph, current photograph – intact, colour, 4.5 x 3.5 mm in size, taken over the last 6 months on a uniform bright uniform background, with good sharpness and showing clearly the eyes and face from the top of the head to the upper part of the shoulders, so that the face occupies 70-80 % of the photograph; the photograph is intended to depict a person without a headgear and dark-lensed glasses, looking directly ahead with eyes open, hair removed from face, a natural expression on a face and a closed mouth. A person with congenital or acquired visual impairment may attach to the application a photograph showing him/her in dark glasses, and a person wearing a headgear according to the rules of his/her religion – a photograph showing him/her in a headgear. Headgear may not cover or distort the contours of your face,
- officially certified photocopy of a valid document proving identity and citizenship (foreign passport, travel document or identity card of EU citizen),
- photocopy of the residence card, the certificate of registration of residence of the EU citizen or his/her family member or the document confirming the right of permanent residence (EU),
- photocopy of a temporary or permanent residence permit in Poland, settlement or residence of a long-term EU resident,
- the original of a valid, i.e. not older than 3 months, copy of a complete birth certificate issued by the Polish registry office,
- the original of a document issued by the Polish registry office confirming marital status, e.g. a current copy of the marriage certificate, the spouse’s death certificate,
- an officially certified photocopy of a valid document proving the identity and nationality of the applicant’s spouse (passport, travel document or identity card of an EU citizen),
- documents confirming the source of foreigner’s income,
- documents confirming professional achievements (e.g. academic or professional degrees and titles, creative work, journalism, awards, etc.) and conducted political and social activity,
- photocopies of documents confirming education obtained in Poland and abroad,
- the documents of parents and further ascendants if they had Polish citizenship,
- in case of having Polish citizenship in the past, documents proving the possession of Polish citizenship, its loss and the date of acquiring foreign citizenship,
- additional documents that the applicant wants to attach, e.g. letters of recommendation, references, employer’s opinion, etc,
- a resume.
A foreigner exercising parental authority over a minor shall additionally attach:
- a photograph of the minor covered by the application which meets the requirements for a biometric image (as above),
- officially certified photocopy of a valid document proving identity and citizenship of a minor foreigner (foreign passport, travel document or identity card of EU citizen),
- a photocopy of the minor’s residence card,
- a photocopy of the decision to allow a minor to stay in Poland,
- the original of a valid, i.e. not older than 3 months, copy of a complete birth certificate issued by the Polish Registry Office,
- a statement of consent to the granting of a minor Polish citizen, accepted for the record from the other parent by the locally competent voivode – if that parent resides in Poland or the Polish consul – from a person residing abroad or staying in Poland on the basis of a visa or in visa-free travel. If a declaration is made before another voivode or consul, a document confirming this information should be attached,
- a declaration of a minor foreigner over 16 years of age on granting him/her Polish citizenship, accepted for protocol by the locally competent voivode – if the minor resides in Poland or by the Polish consul – from a minor residing abroad or staying in Poland on the basis of a visa or in visa-free travel.
If a declaration is made before another voivode or consul, a document confirming this information should be attached.
Copies of civil-status documents issued by the Polish Registry Office on the basis of Polish civil-status books are submitted in the original, and the remaining documents in the form of certified copies. Legalisation of the copy is performed by a Polish notary public (i.e. a notary within the meaning of Polish notary regulations), a Polish consul outside the Republic of Poland or a free of charge employee of the Citizenship and Repatriation Branch at the time of application (in such a case you present a photocopy made on your own and show the original document for inspection). If you act through a Polish advocate, Polish legal adviser, patent attorney or tax adviser, such an attorney may also certify copies of documents.
Applications and attachments (1 file)
„Wzmocnienie zdolności administracyjnych Wojewody Kujawsko-Pomorskiego w procesie integracji obywateli państw trzecich – etap II”
Projekt współfinansowany z Programu Krajowego Funduszu Azylu, Migracji i Integracji.